The Neuroscience Network Düsseldorf (NND) provides excellent opportunities for doctoral researchers from both medicine and the natural sciences to perform cutting-edge research projects in the neurosciences. A number of structured programs for PhD, MD and MD/PhD students are in place, including research training groups and graduate schools. The institutional graduate academies of the Faculty of Medicine (Medical Research School Düsseldorf) and the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (iGRAD) provide comprehensive programs in transferable skills and professional career development accoding to modern standards of structured doctoral education. The iBrain Interdisciplinary Graduate School for Brain Research and Translational Neuroscience is a research training program of the NND that is funded by the HHU/medical faculty and started in October 2012.
NND Graduate School
- Interdisciplinary Graduate School for Brain Research and Translational Neuroscience (iBrain)
Other Graduate Schools at the Medical Faculty
- Manchot Graduate School "Molecules of Infection"
- Düsseldorf School of Oncology
- Research Training Group 2578 "Impact of genotoxins on the differentiation efficacy of murine and human stem and progenitor cells and functional competence of thereof derived differentiated progeny"
- GRK 2158 "Natural products and natural product analogs against therapy-resistant tumors and microorganisms: new lead structures and modes of action"
- GRK 2576 "In vitro Untersuchungen der frühen Entstehung des Typ2-Diabetes (vivid)"
- International Research Training Group 1902 “Intra- and interorgan communication of the cardiovascular system”
Graduate Training Academies at HHU